P.G Department of Physics
The inception of the department was on 17th October 1984 when two Batches of pre-degree classes were started in the college under the MG University. Johnkutty J Ozhukayil was the only teacher appointed as guest Lecturer at the time of inception of the Department. On 31st December 1984 he was appointed permanently in the Physics Department. In January 1984, Smt K. Permaja also joined as Lecturer in the Department. In 1992, the department became UG department when Bsc Course in Mathematics with Physics as a subsidiary Subject was started. B S c Course in Physics with Engineering Physics as Vocational subject was started in 1998, consequent to the delinking of pre-degree from the college. In 2004, Msc Course in Physics with specialization in Opto-electronics was started in Self-financing stream. A PG diploma program in Medical Instrumentation was started in the Department with special assistance from UGC in 2005. However this program has been discontinued with effect from 2011 since the MG University withdrew sanction for the course as all course related to Medical studies were being shifted to a new Medical university which was being started by the State government.
To indoctrinate critical thinking in Students and equip them compete and accord To the altering technology centered Advancement in the field of physics with Service to the society
- To awaken the young minds and discover their talents both in theory and in practical Physics, through dedication to teaching, commitmentto students and innovative instructional methods .
- To support the developmental activities of the College and make theDepartment vibrant.
- To make vital contributions in areas of emphasis such as faculty,modern labs and demonstrate a high level of competence in the study of Physics.
- To introduce pioneering programs in the Department that will embrace heritage and values of the Institution.
- To organize and sustain efficient operating systems in the Department for realization of our objectives as Institution of eminence
- To evolve strategies in the Department for continuous Improvement.